Who Am I… In Christ? Part 1
John 8:32 – And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Like a child born into a royal family, there’s is really no need for anybody to tell him that he/she is royalty and an heir to the throne. It is a fact of reality, no controversy. The only reason why such a child would doubt his or her royalty is if something unusual happens, if the child was lost at birth due to war or crisis/if he was not raised in the palace or if he had an accident and sustained amnesia.
The point is; the quest for who we really are is a sign that there must have been a breach somewhere. In the book of Genesis, Adam lost his relationship with his father and became an alien to his true source of his identity. Thank God for Jesus who has given us back the dominion and reinstated us, we now have the knowledge of the truth of who we really are.
I would emphasize that true and active salvation is in the knowledge of the truth. (Isaiah 60:1, Isaiah 9:2 ) Jesus has revealed the truth behind the deception that the devil has used and is still using to set people in bondage, See Genesis 3:5. Here are some scriptures that I meditate on and would like to share, they reveal the truth about our real identity in Christ;
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10)
- I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10)
- I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18)
- I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2)
- I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14)
- I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5)
- I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4)
- I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17)
- I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17-18)
- I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19)
- I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9-10).
For further study:
Personal declaration for the day:
I am indentified with Christ and not with crisis
Questions for you to reflect on:
Have you taken your place in life?