Understanding Forgiveness – Part 2
Proverbs 28:13 – He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
Why is it important to receive forgiveness?
- It is sign of willingness to repent and obey God’s word
- To be cleansed and pure
- So that your prayer will be answered
- So that you will not reap judgement
- To restore fellowship and prevent a strain in relationships
- To walk in love and be a good ambassador of Christ
- To prevent the devil from taking advantage of you
- For peace to reign
The bible says in Matthew 5:9 – Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
For further Study
Personal declaration for the day
I will not allow sin to reign in my life, I will get rid of it by seeking forgiveness.
Questions for you to reflect on
Why is forgiveness important?