Revelation 12:7-11 –And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
What is testimony? The dictionary defines testimonies as follow:
- A formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law.
- Evidence, sworn statement, attestation, affidavit;
- Evidence or proof of something.
- Testament, proof, evidence, attestation, witness;
- A public recounting of a religious conversion or experience.
From scriptural perspective, testimonies are stories of the acts of God in the lives of mankind. Every divine intervention results in divine turnaround. The process of testifying and telling people of this divine intervention is called testimonies.
In human courts, cases are meant to be won by evidence produced. You have to convince the court beyond any doubt that you are telling the truth and discredit the opposition. God in His wisdom knows how the human system operates and has given his anointing to create turnarounds for us so that we may have evidence of his goodness to show our world. Christianity without proof is fake.
For Further Reading:
1 John 2
Questions for you to reflect on
- When last did you reflect on God’s intervention in your life?
- How often do you testify of God’s goodness?
- What does it do to you when you testify?
- What impact does it make on others when they hear your story?
I will always have reasons to testify in Jesus name.