1st Peter 1:3
” Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead”.
Have you ever wondered why Christ had to live, die and rise again?
In the resurrection season, it is imperative to not only reflect on these questions, but seek answers to them, so as to appreciate the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST?
1. To save us from our sins.
2. To give us the God kind of life.
3. To destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:8
4. To heal, deliver and make us whole.
5. To show us the father
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST?
1. To pay the wages of our sins
2. To go to hell on our behalf.
3. To give us access to God.
4. To redeem us from the cause of the law.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
1. To finish the work of redemption.
If Jesus did not rise from the dead, it means he did not conquer death.
It is his resurrection that proved that redemption was finished.
Indeed his blood was sufficient to pay for mankind, if not, he would not have been raised from the dead.
2. It is prove that death has been defeated, and divine life is now available to believers.
Jesus has the keys of hell and death, therefore no child of God should be afraid of either.
3. To empower us with the resurrection power so we can rule and reign in this life.
4. To show us our future resurrection.
Without the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Christianity is dead.
5. For our justification.
This is what completes our salvation.
Friends, the life of Jesus brought us great benefits, the death of Jesus brought us greater benefits, but the resurrection of Jesus brought us the greatest benefits.
We are living the resurrected life of Christ.
Christianity is about resurrection.
It is about a living Christ, not a dead one.
We pray from the place of resurrection;
We take authority from the place of resurrection;
We rule and reign from the place of resurrection.
Resurrection is not meant to be preached, its to be demonstrated.
It is not just to be celebrated, but to be experienced.
I decree that the resurrection power of God comes alive from within you, and begin to manifest in and through you in Jesus Name.
Remember, you are not a biological accident, but a creature of destiny.
– Pastor Solomon Aroboto.