4 I said unto the fools , Deal not foolishly : and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: 5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. 6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. × References for Psalms 75:6
SUPERNATURAL – the term is from two words super and natural. According to Noah Webster 1828, dictionary, the word supernatural is defined as being beyond or exceeding the powers or laws of nature, miraculous. A supernatural event is one which is not produced according to the ordinary established laws of natural things. For example a rock or iron floating on water defies the natural law of gravity and therefore is supernatural. Brand new pair of eyes growing out of empty eye sockets would defy the law of nature and therefore is supernatural. Humans on their own are limited and cannot alter the law of nature except divine powers are given to them to suspend and exert on the law of nature. Therefore supernatural acts can only be produced by divine agencies. Thank God that through /in Christ we Christians are God’s divine agencies on. Unfortunately most of God’s children don’t know.
PROMOTION – is an act of moving forward, advancement, encouragement, contribution towards growth, enlargement, elevation, to raise up, preference in rank and honour, upgrade, move up, aggrandize, exaltation.
Supernatural promotion is therefore, advancement and exaltation that is beyond and exceeds the natural order which is brought about by the divine agency/intervention of God. It is miraculous ascendency of a person and thing. An example is the flotation of the axe head in 2 Kings 6:5-7 and the raising of the crippled man at the beautiful gate in Acts 3:2-9. It is beyond arithmetic, geometric ascendency. It is a meteoric rise and aggrandisement by the divine power of God in the believer.
On the 14th of May 2015, the Lord impressed on my heart what he will be doing in 2016, He informed me that 2016 will be the year of supernatural promotion and the above scripture in Psalm 75 suddenly rose up in my heart. In recent weeks he has been unpacking and elaborating on his plans. I will start by saying that in 2016, you will experience several divine encounters and intervention and you will be supernaturally promoted in Jesus name. That’s the word of the Lord and that His plan, it is now over to you. When you work the word, the word works. It is not the word you know that changes things, it is what you do with what you know.
Throughout this year I will be showing you what the Lord is impressing on my heart through scriptures on how to walk in supernatural promotion. But one thing is certain; God’s plan for you this year is SUPERNATURAL PROMOTION. Take a minute and imagine yourself in your supernatural promoted position, spiritually, physically, materially, emotionally, mentally, marital, in your career, relationally, ministerial, etc. Some of the requirement for this prophetic word to come to fruition include is hearing the prophecy, believe the prophecy, receive the prophecy and act on and obey the instruction that comes with.
The fact that you are reading this material is an evidence that you listening to me with your mind. The next step is for you take in this prophetic word over and over again until it becomes ingrained in your believe system. The bible says faith comes by hearing and by hearing the word of God. Through the reading and meditation of the word God on the subject of supernatural promotion, the word becomes real and believable to you and for you. When supernatural promotion becomes your default thinking mode then you got things moving in the right direction. It is after you have believed that you actually receive. Mental knowledge and assent to word of God is not the same as believing the word of God with your heart. The heart belief comes from intentional consistent meditation on the specific word that God has given you. This happens when you become immersed in that specific word.
After hearing, believing and receiving the word that God gives us, the next step is act on and obey the instruction that comes with the word. For example although God promised the Israelites the land of Canaan, they still had to get of Egypt and take a journey to the promised land to inherit and take possession of it. So also while God has given us SUPERNATURAL PROMOTION status in 2016, and it is done in the spirit, we need to take necessary steps so as to actualise it in the physical realm. For example a cheque in your hand is no use until you pay it into your account. Now the word we have received is the cheque in our hand, our taking obedient action is the process of turning the cheque into cash.
There are certain steps that are necessary for us to experience supernatural promotion, they include,
- Intentional aggressive, development of your supernatural tendencies. This means developing in your intimacy with God and your awareness and involvement of Him in every area of your life. You should intentionally open all areas of your life to God for His encounters. Intentionally asking for divine leading and direction on even the smallest matter.
- Humility – God opposes the proud and gives race to the Humble (James 4:6-7). Do a pride check through the word of God. Put things in perspective in light of God’s gift and grace you have received and not on your ability.
- Character – everyone has four persons living in them. One is the person that people think you are, another is the person that you think you are, the third is the person that you want people to see, and other the other is the person you really are. The person you are when you think nobody is looking is your true character.
- Fasting and prayer – Jesus said some supernatural occurrences would only come by the addition of prayer and fasting(Matthew 17:21, Mark 9:29). Fasting does not change God, it changes you and enables you to be more sensitive to God and catch on going divine activities. When you pray in the spirit, you build up yourself like a rising edifice. Pray the word that God has given you, he is bound to respond to his word.
I will elaborate on these points and other points in my next write up.
Questions for you to reflect on
- What is God’s word and plan for you in 2016?
- Do you have the picture of where you want to be in 12 months based on God’s plan for you?
- Do you believe it would happen for you?
- Can you describe what you expect clearly in words?
- Have you clearly written it down?
- What barriers do you envisage and how have you prepared to face and overcome them
- Do you need to make some changes before you embark on your goals
REMEMBER: YOU ARE NOT A BIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT YOU ARE A CREATURE OF DESTINY SO KEEP ON, KEEPING ON