Success strategy for the New Year – Part 2
“Good Planning And Hard Work Lead to Prosperity, But Hasty Shortcuts Lead to Poverty.” Proverbs 21:5 (NLT)
The following are steps in setting, and achieving your goals successfully;
• Have your goals in your head and the Holy Spirit in your heart. Put God first and commit your desires to Him. Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Meditate on the ability and intention of God to make you a sign and a wonder and let your thoughts focus on that.
• Picture in your mind what you want to achieve and who you want to be in the New Year, make sure it is very clear to you. Proverbs 29:18 – Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
• Write it down clearly- Have a pocket notebook to keep important ideas. Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.
• Get information on how to achieve it, it would be wise to read and talk to people that are already where you want to be. There is no need to be shy or proud to ask questions, making enquiry makes you wiser. Daniel 9:2- In the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the Lord through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
• Set a workable plan to achieve your goal and pursue it aggressively. Proverbs 30:25 -The ants are a people not strong, Yet they prepare their food in the summer;
• Affirm it – Everyday by confessing that you are the person you have pictured in your mind. Mark 11:23- For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. In 2014, let your words agree with your expectations.
• Be focused and don’t be deterred by distractions. Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
• Keep the right company because you can never be greater than the company you keep. 1Corinthians 15:33 – Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
• Tick each goal as you achieve it and press on to the next one, success is yours in Jesus name. Luke 10:31 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
For further study:
I will give my vision legs to work on though good planning.
Questions for you to reflect on
Have you clearly written down your goals?
What barriers do you envisage and how have you prepared to face and overcome them
Do you need to make some changes before you embark on your goals