Poetry on God’s love
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,( by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised[ us] up together, and made[ us] sit together in heavenly[ places] in Christ Jesus:
- Love found me as a servant and made me a son
- Love found me as a stranger and brought me home
- Love found me as a foreigner and made me a fellow citizen
- Love found me as a sinner and turned me to a saint
- Love found me dead and brought me to life
- Love found me sick and gave me health
- Love found me broke and busted and gave me wealth
- Love found me as nobody and made somebody
- Love found me as a wretch and made me a star
- Love found me fatherless, adopted me and became more than a father
- Love found me motherless adopted me and became more than a mother
- Love found me a widow and became my husband
- Love found me barren and made me a fruitful vine
Oh what manner of love is this?
What did I do to merit the love? Nothing.
What did I give to deserve this manner of love, but when I turn to the cross and see the work of Christ, and especially, His death, if we would estimate the love of God, it is priceless. The most wonderful revelation to heart of man is the gift of Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection. The four dimension of his love (the height, depth, width and length)
I turn to the cross and I see where love was crucified for my sin, where he nailed all the hand writing that was against me, where he bled and died so I can be free, where he was bruised for my transgression, where he carried stripes so I can be healed.
So I turn to the Cross, and I see there a love which shrinks from no sacrifice, but gave ‘Himself up to death for us all.’
I turn to the Cross, and I see there a love which is evoked by nothing on my part, but comes from the depth of His own Infinite Being, who loves because He must, and who must because He is God.
I turn to the Cross, and I see there is manifested a love.
I turn to the cross, and I see there a love that will not be put away by my sinfulness, and shortcomings, and evil, but pours its treasures on the unworthy, like he makes his sun to shine on even the wicked.
I turn to the cross and I ‘behold,’ and I hear, the ‘manner of love that the Father hath bestowed upon us,’ stronger than death and sin, armed with all power, gentler than the fall of the dew, boundless and endless, in its measureless measure , in its unqaulifiable quality, incomparably purity and in its incomparable quantity.
I turn to the cross and all I can see His love, oh what manner of love is this, for a man to lay down his life for his friends. The love of God to me in Jesus Christ my Saviour.
The power of his Love is endless, without expiry date, all you need to do is to receive and accept His Love for you today.
For further study:
Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2
Personal declaration for the day:
I am who I am today because God loves me
I receive and accept Jesus and I receive His love
Questions for you to reflect on:
Where were you before Love found you?
Can you compare your state now to when you were not born again?