Operating in God’s Divine Favour – Walking in Divine favour
Luke 2:52 – And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men.
Psalm 44:3 – for they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them
Favour is defined as approval, a kindly helpful act beyond what is due, to endorse, preference, make easier for one. If Jesus needed favour to succeed then we need it. It is possible to gain, grow in and lose favour or stop it from working in your behalf.
Have you ever felt like a failure in life, or felt as if you’ve lost the grip on the important things in your life? Have you ever experienced insecurities in your life? Have you ever felt unloved and worthless? Have you ever thought you are unattractive or can’t do things other people can do? Do you feel you don’t have what it takes or not good enough? Do think nothing good ever happens in your life or for every good thing that happens a bad one follows. Do you feel like a failure? If you are being plagued by any of these thoughts this write up is for you and I have good news for you and I know what you need. You need divine favour. You need preferential treatment and you need advantage. Life without divine favour will result in a person working like an elephant and eating like an ant. Today your story will change. You need favour to gain access to opportunities and for success. One day of favour is worth more than a lifetime of labour. The following are the fruit of favour: _
Fruits of favour
1. It produces supernatural increase and promotion – Joseph
2. Favour produces restoration of everything the devil has stolen from you – Israelites leaving Egypt
3. Favour produces honour in the midst of your adversaries – Daniel with the prince of Eunuch
4. Favour produced increased assets especially in the area of real estate – Israelite possessing Canaan
5. Favour produces great increase in the midst of great impossibilities – Israelites in Goshen, ravens feeding Elijah
6. Favour produces recognition even when you seem the least likely to receive it – David made king among his brethren
7. Favour produce prominence and preferential treatment – Esther
8. Favour produces petitions granted even by civil ungodly authorities – Esther
9. Favour causes rules, regulations, laws and policies to be changed and reversed to your advantage – Shadrach, Mesach, and Abenego
10. Favour produces battles won, which you wouldn’t even fight because God will fight them for you. Jehoshaphat and the people of Israel
Who is favour for – Psalm 5:12 – For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favour as with a shield.
Every child of God qualifies for favour. When you receive Jesus Christ, He gives you his righteousness and qualifies for divine favour. 2 Corinthians 5:21- 22 declares that we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ. So you have the favour of God. You have to unlock it and enjoy it. Tomorrow, I will show you how to unlock the favour of God.
Scriptures for further study
Psalm 5:12, Psalm 37:23-26
Personal declaration for the day
Today, I will enjoy preferential treatment in Jesus name.
Questions for you to reflect on
How often do you expect to enjoy preferential treatment?