God loves YOU!
Jeremiah 31:3 – The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Does God love people? If he does could He love a person like me? I’m I good enough to be loved by God? This and many questions run through the minds people on daily basis. This message is designed to answer this very important all time concern of People.
Many feel that because God is holy and they are not therefore they are not good enough to merit his love. First and foremost no human being can be good enough to merit God’s love. But the good news is, the love that God has for humanity is unconditional. That is why God sent Jesus Christ to die for and save humanity from destruction even before we ever paid any attention to Him. God has always expressed his love to all of humanity in spite of their state. God loves you in spite of you.
Isaiah 49:15 – “Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.
Romans 8:31-32 – 31What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?] 32He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
You may wonder why God would love me unconditionally. The following are some of the reason why God loves you unconditionally -:
1. God is love – 1 John 4:8 – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
2. He has removed the greatest barrier between you, him and his blessings for your life. Romans 5:7-8 – 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:7-8 (Amplified version) 7Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a noble and lovable and generous benefactor someone might even dare to die.8But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us.
3. God will not break His own commandment, God commanded us to love but he first showed us how to love by sending Jesus to die for us. – Matthew 22:37- 40 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 this is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40 on these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
4. He created you in His image and likeness. God cannot hate himself; you are His reflection – Genesis 1:27 – 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
5. To show you how to Love – 1 John 4:19 – We love Him because He first loved us.
6. Love is what makes every other principle in bible work – Matthew 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Colossians 3:14 – But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Scriptures for further study
Personal declaration for the day
God loves me and I know why. God loves me because I am His reflection. I am loved by the most high and will never be low again.
Questions for you to reflect on
Give the reasons why God loves you?