Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 1 Corinthians 4:1-2 KJV
We write to you about the Word of life, which has existed from the very beginning. We have heard it, and we have seen it with our eyes; yes, we have seen it, and our hands have touched it. 1 John 1:1 TEV.
It’s with great humility that I write this letter to you as a fellow steward in Christ, concerning the things I have seen, heard and that I have equally handled. I write from the depth of my experience, the things I have done and still doing to ensure that I continuously strive towards becoming a better steward of Christ. I have listed them in bullets points for easy reading and better understanding and I pray that as you apply these biblical principles to your life, you will better your service and your testimony will be that of a good and faithful servant.
1. Humble yourself and do not rate yourself higher than what you think you are less you become too big for the assignment. Philippians 2:1-3
2. Don’t always think that you have reached your accomplishment, remember there is always a better way to do it. Setting a higher standard for yourself in every task you feel you have accomplished should be your objective. Philippians 3:13
3. Be determined to make a difference in whatever you do. No one can stop from becoming exceptional because at the end of the day the question will be ‘what kind of difference or impact did he make’
4. Add passion into whatever you do, be enthusiastic about it and do it with joy. There are no unimportant jobs but people who feel unimportant doing their job. There are no insignificant or ordinary job when they are performed by significant and extraordinary people .2 Corinthians 9:7, Philippians 2:14
5. Let your watch word be ‘adding value’. The more valuable you are to others, the more value you create in your work. Always be willing to add more responsibilities with complaining and faithfully do your best regardless of the benefit or reward or encouragement. 2 Peter 1:5
6. Develop a good character and have a good report with people. Luke 2:52. People need to accept you before they can give you the opportunity to sell your product.
7. Be a team player and don’t isolate yourself. Whatever your calling is must require your interaction with people and the quality of your relationship with others will determine the quality of your work. Psalm 133:1
8. Do your service with the right motives, not with selfish ambition or to pull somebody down. Philippians 2:3
9. Be consistent in your service, do your service either it’s convenient or not and that’s when it becomes a labour of Love. Romans 12:11, 2 Timothy 4:2
10. The quality of your relationship with God will also determine to a great extent the quality of your service to him. You must continually feed yourself with the word for if your service to God is more than your fellowship with God, weariness is bound to set in but if your fellowship is more, then you will find enough reason to do more for Him 2Timothy 2:15.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Shalom –
For further Study
2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Philippians 2:14
Personal declaration for the day
I will live and work as unto the Lord
Questions for you to reflect on
Do you know that God is interested in your work performance?
What steps are you taking towards improvement ?